About the CampaignMay is American Stroke Month
, which is the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease and to educate Americans that stroke is largely preventable, treatable and beatable. While stroke is the No. 4 cause of death and leading cause of disability in the U.S., many Americans do not think of stroke as a major health concern. We have made a lot of progress, but we still have a ways to go to end stroke and need your help!
Partner With Us
A growing number of individuals and organizations are helping spread American Stroke Month
across the nation and throughout the world. From families to healthcare professionals, corporations, national organizations, professional societies, and communities, each partner plays a critical role in helping create healthier communities. Join the campaign and let’s work together to end stroke!
Campaign Resources (more coming soon!)
5 Easy Ways to Support the CampaignNot ready to officially partner with us? There are other ways to make a difference, too:
- Did you know high blood pressure is the leading modifiable stroke risk factor? Take the Stroke Risk Quiz on the American Stroke Month Day of Action, May 1, and share it with your community.
- Share our tools and resources with your networks, family and colleagues and at events within your community.
- Share American Stroke Month social messages on your Facebook and Twitter accounts (coming soon!) and join our Twitter chats!
- Help your loved ones and colleagues by learning more about stroke and the most common warning signs by downloading the F.A.S.T. mobile app.
- If you're a healthcare professional or provider, you can also use our resources available on the Stroke Resource Center to help educate your patients and community about stroke.
Partners in Action
Please share your activities – big or small – to be featured on our American Stroke Month calendar and check out activities taking place near you:
American Stroke Month Community Calendar
|Walk n' Roll for Stroke Awareness|| 5/18/14|| 11 AM||Glens Falls City Park||Promote stroke awareness, education, support and advocacy.||Register by May 18, 2014 |
or call 518-744-0649
|7th Annual Power to End Stroke Jazz Brunch|| 4/12/14||11 AM||Humanim at The American Brewery |
1701 N. Gay Street Baltimore, MD
|Free heart-healthy cooking demonstrations from Chef Tia, stroke testimonials, blood pressure screenings, nutrition counseling, Zumba demos, limited-motion exercises, brunch and musical performances by The Corporates jazz band.||Contact Sarah Dowell or call 410-246-6704|
|The Power to End Stoke Benefit Concert|| 5/24/14|| 6 PM||23821 Grand River Ave. Detroit, Michigan 48219|
|This event will offer a private health screening, health information for stroke and heart wellness, warning signs and prevention. There will be prizes, give-a-ways, a raffle and health food options.||Admission is $20. Purchase your ticket today! |
Questions? Email us!
| More coming soon!|| || || || || |
| || || || || || ||