About the CampaignMay is American Stroke Month, which is the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease and that stroke is largely preventable, treatable and beatable. While stroke is the No. 4 cause of death and leading cause of disability in the U.S., many Americans do not think of stroke as a major health concern. We have made a lot of progress, but we still have a ways to go to end stroke and need your help!
Partner With UsA growing number of individuals and organizations are helping spread American Stroke Month across the nation and throughout the world. From families to healthcare professionals, corporations, national organizations, professional societies, and communities, each partner plays a critical role in helping create healthier communities. Join the campaign and let’s work together to end stroke!
|For Everyone |
|For Campaign Partners|
For Healthcare Professionals
5 Easy Ways to Support the CampaignNot ready to officially partner with us? There are other ways to make a difference, too:
1. Share our tools and resources with your networks, family and colleagues and at events within your community.
2. Share American Stroke Month social messages on your Facebook and Twitter accounts (coming soon!).
3. Help your loved ones and colleagues by learning more about stroke and the most common warning signs by downloading the F.A.S.T. mobile app.
4. If you're a healthcare professional or provider, you can also use our resources available on the Stroke Resource Center to help educate your patients and community about stroke.
5. Add your activities to the American Stroke Month Calendar (coming soon!).
Partners in ActionPlease share your activities – big or small – to be featured on our American Stroke Month calendar and check out activities taking place near you: