Excerpted from "How To Reduce Frustration At The Grocery Store", Stroke Connection November/December 2003 (Last science update March 2013)
How To Reduce Frustration At The Grocery Store
- Shop when the store isn’t too busy.
- Take your own cloth shopping bag with handles to collect items as you go.
- Wear a glove that will give you a firm grip on bottles (or only buy things in plastic containers).
- Use the cart handles to help with balance.
- Hand the checkout clerk a card that informs him of your speech or money-handling difficulties.
This content was last reviewed on 03/18/2013.