Our advocacy volunteers and staff work with lawmakers year-round to change public policies that affect the cardiovascular health of Indiana residents.
Join our Grassroots Network. Help us by contacting your legislators.
Danielle L. Patterson
State Government Relations Director
American Heart Association
6500 Technology Center Dr., Suite 100
Indianapolis, IN 46278
Fax: (317) 873-3070
Our advocacy volunteers and staff work with lawmakers year-round to change public policies that affect the cardiovascular health of all Indiana residents. As Hoosiers, we can rightly boast about living in a state with strong economic growth and a state budget surplus, but we must also confront the reality that Indiana’s health rankings are the worst in the Midwest. We at the American Heart Association & American Stroke Association are working hard to fix that.
Over the last few years, we have helped lead successful state legislative campaigns to:
- ensure that all Indiana high-school students learn CPR
- create a state-wide stroke emergency system of care to ensure that stroke patients get the right care, right away
- secure a 50% increase in state funding for tobacco prevention and cessation programs
- expand and protect Medicaid via HIP 2.0
Currently, we are working hard on a number of new campaigns, including efforts to:
- raise Indiana’s tobacco tax
- increase access to healthy food for folks living in healthy food deserts
- create a state-wide stroke data registry
- increase state funding for chronic disease programs
Making real and lasting change to improve the health of all Hoosiers is never easy, but it is critically important that we succeed for our state, our neighbors, and our families. Please join us by joining our Grassroots Network which will make it easy for you to contact your legislators and make your voice heard.