The American Heart Association’s Healthy Community Food and Beverage Toolkit was created to help communities and organizations improve their food environment and promote a culture of health. It provides practical action steps and suggestions that are easy to understand and apply.
We also offer a toolkit tailored to workplaces and employers.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to specific guidance and nutrition standards for beverages, snacks and meals, topics addressed in the toolkit include healthy eating, creating a culture of health, how leadership and management can be involved, special events, meetings, vending machines, healthier cooking methods, resources and links, and a glossary of terms.
Who should use the toolkit?
Anyone involved with procuring, providing or planning food and beverages in an organization -- from vending machines to catered special events – can use this resource to learn how to make healthy changes. You can easily modify the guidance offered to fit the specific needs of your organization or community.
- Healthy Workplace Food and Beverage Toolkit (PDF) updated May 2019
- Healthy Community Food and Beverage Toolkit (PDF) updated May 2019
Tools and Resources
- Vending Machine Inventory Worksheet – Food (PDF) added July 2014
- Vending Machine Inventory Worksheet – Beverages (PDF) added July 2014
- Vending Machine Inventory Worksheets (Excel) added July 2014
- Checklist/Evaluation for Meetings and Catered Meals (PDF) – added June 2015